
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
4-4 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together soft butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and well blended.
2. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to creamed mixture. Blend until well mixed. Start with 3 cups of flour and add more flour until desired consistency is reached. (I like less sticky dough for rounder, higher cookies.) If dough does not have enough flour, cookies will tend to bake very flat and sometimes run together.
3. Add chocolate chips and mix by hand until chocolate chips are equally mixed in.
4. Spoon small spoonfuls of dough onto a greased baking sheet. Press down tops slightly. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-12 minutes until golden-brown on the tops.
Makes about 60 2 1/2-3 inch cookies
Tirza Hellyar
You make the BEST cookies. I loved when you'd make them for YW. Now I can have my girls make them for me!
ReplyDelete